Searching for the way to internazinalice this blog, I found GENGO; it is a cool WordPress plugin, that makes multilingual your blog.
This can be useful to translate your posts to various languages, or to publish a blog with other languages and countries people.
Gengo 0.9 have the following features:
- Using all languages you can.
- Publishing posts in any language you set.
- Totally uninstalling posibility (Data base level).
- Gouping posts as translations of others.
- Translatig categories and Snipplets.
- Strongly recommended make a backup of your database, due to the installation wil modify th database to support Gengo’s features.
- Download the klast version of gengo.zip file form web or directly; I am installing 0.9 version.
- Copy the directory /gengo to the plugins directory of your blog: wp-content/plugins/. Be carefull with the permissions.
- Copy the spanish translation file gengo-0.9-es_ES.mo in /wp-content/plugins/gengo/gengo-es_ES.mo.
- Activate the plugin at Plugin screen.
- Add all languages that you need in Gengo administration screen. First, add your blog default language.
In the Gengo administration tab, we have any subtabs:
- Languages: Here we set all the languages which we would use in our blog.
- Translations: We have defined the posts translation groups.
- Sinonyms: Translation of categories and snipplets.
- Exclusions: Filter where we can define which URLs we do not want Gengo puts the language tags.
In the edition screen we have an AJAX widget to manage Gengo:
We can use it to set the post language, and the Translation Group if we nweed.
This is an example of Translation Group, my first post:
Finally, we have the function library for the templates, which we can add Gengo funcionality in our WordPress theme: gengo_template_functions.php.
My contribution to Gengo: Spanish translation
Allways is a pleasure collab with open source coders, thanking the advantages that they give us. Then I will make the Spanish translation.
Here you can download translation files: gengo-09-es_ES.zip.